Re: Between darkness and light...

Subject: Re: Between darkness and light...
From: Kim Kunnas (beregar@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 13:40:03 EEST

> mixing magic into this conversation is bit far fetched, ofcourse people
> would
> research magic in order to survive changes in climate and seasons, but
> isn't it
> bit patronising to base the climate system to purpose that mortals would
> learn other magic than only combat magic?

well, for me it seems that magic is usually build around combat so why couldn't
we break rules and build it around climate?

> in conclusion, ofcourse there should be noticeable differences in
> appearance and gameplay when it comes to seasons and climates, but to me, it still seems quite radical to limit day to 6 month periods and night to 6 month periods. sentient beings would probably be far from what they are nowadays in majik,probably they'd be just creatures that would stay out for 6 months, then hilbernate for another 6 months, and so on, since their eyes would not be adjusted to
> the light / darkness / whatever.

ok, after a while thinking I agree that it was quite bad idea. Maybe we should
keep that normal season model. (mainly because I don't want start again those
previous mail wars :). Just last comment about this thing, creatures in Majik ha
ve not evolved! they are creation of the Gods and who knows why gods make
what they make. I think it's a big mistake to be too logical, I agree that battle
and normal living should be logical but there can be still huge difference bet
ween majik, normal world AND fantasy worlds and I think these differences
should be visible in larger scale, so far, majik hasn't offered anything different
from other fantasy worlds (for example we have different magic system, but
what's new is in magic, every fantasy world possess magic?).

- Beregar (Beregar@majik.netti.fi)