Re: radical departure

Subject: Re: radical departure
From: Taneli Niko Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 00:43:16 EET

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Atte Koivula wrote:

> Absolutely not! There are a number of problems of which some I will
> discuss below:

I have to say that i almost completely agree with yorkaturr. We SHOULD NOT
in any case do such an error as that. Instead we can make the most of it
thou. Lets create a dynamic starting setting for the world to begin with,
and leave all doors open for developement to any direction.. kings die of
old age.. empires get buried beneath the sands of time.. new heroes rise..
fall.. men are cut down like weed, just to be born again.. the arrow of
time turns and turns again :).. you know how it goes. We dont want to
create a 'blank' world and end up with green fucking wankers with pink
panties running around huge pints of lager damnit! :) cause that kind of
bollocks would be coming from 'blank' development. Your "social
developement"
only works in theory AND includes ALL things not just a selected group of
players.. Yorkaturr has some reall good points down there.

If the world has no history.. myths, legends, artifacts etc.. nothing has
no meaning at all.. something that isnt there to touch has no meaning. We
must NOT make a terrible error and screw up our marvelous project, but
instead lets do it with common sense and reason.

And as a mental note id like to add that anyone interested how societies
really do develop, please read culture athropology and sociological book,
huge pile of em.

.m