Re: MUR!

Subject: Re: MUR!
From: joshua 'hook' corning (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 12:58:12 EET

Atte Koivula wrote:

> I would like to point out that things such as Eleril's random monsters
> are not really useful at the moment, especially considering there's
> nothing really exceptional about them, they are just absurd
> reconstructive combinations of existing animals with names that are a
> bad combination of latin and mundane english (Amphifur???, Canid refers
> to canines in latin), and we have agreed NOT to use latin officially
> since Glabrezu posted his ideas about Majik's star system last year.

Does this refer to my desc on goblins found at
ftp://ftp.majik3d.org/open/hook/goblin.0.1.txt

I would like to state that i used latin type nomenclature (naming
structure) just to drive home the idea that there are different species
of goblins and that goblins are a genus with many different species. I
also made them related to bats. I was thinking that what if evolution
took a turn and instead of apes becoming the dominant species that
created man that bats, which are closely related to primates, were the
premiere line that leads to conscious life . Of course with the advent
of the new gods creating the races the goblin species lost their
evolutionary path to greatness.

Also if my goblin desc is unacceptable could you and others who have
problems with the descs I write be more forthcoming and timely in your
criticisms. This desc has been around for two months and i have already
incorporated into two region descs. Having to alter them is a pain at
such a late date.

Joshua 'hook' Corning