Re: Flashback

Subject: Re: Flashback
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 22:07:05 EET

On 4 Nov 1999, Mikkonen Jani wrote:

> Greetings!

Welcome back! :)

> Here on,
> I'll mainly concentrate on doing drawings/paintings/computerpics of various
> things, you may give me some ideas, but I'd also like to continue my work with
> kingdom of Thalamon, if you don't mind.

Well, we sure do need graphics :). One of the things I suggest would
be a drawing of the worldmap, like it were made by a cartographer, maybe
several with more detail.  After that pictures to accompany worldbook
would be nice .. especially the flora and fauna. We could get a very
good-looking book if it was full of pictures drawn with your skill :).

In my vision we could make worldbook a "real" document (with sgml,
docbook, xml or something) so that we could distribute it in any format
(ascii, html, postscript, pdf, ... ) -- even press books from it :).

Anyways the point is that it would become much more maintainable than a
bunch of html's, would have 100% consistent look (with a possibility
change it easily if we need to) and it'd look much more "pro" :).

++ Dazzt

---
| Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi : coral   -.
| programming            music          graphics | dolphin   :
| art                  keyboards             web | nah-kolor |
| Babylon5-inspired 'shadow function'        0 <= t <= 4*pi/3
:  x(t) =   (sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3sin 8t) cos (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)
.  y(t) = +-(sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3cos 8t) sin (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)