Re: magic and magical arts

Subject: Re: magic and magical arts
From: Beregar (beregar@majik3d.org)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 17:08:18 EEST

Taneli Tikka wrote:

> It doesnt need upkeep. A mage who did that spell just manipulated reality
> so that it powers itself. This doesnt drain the energy reality is made of,
> instead the mage can have simply cast a spell that changes all light to
> dark, just converts one form of reality into another. That way the spell
> gets power automatically.

Then remember, if one spell doesn't need upkeep, other shouldn't
either. Do we want this? There's no way to limit how many spells
one spellcaster can have at same time. I fear this eventually leads
to a situation where master mages cast spells that wipe out cities
and races with "overland" meteor storms when they same time use
powerful enchantments to protect them from harm and and spells
to cause havoc among those who try to defeat them...

- Beregar Dar'Eldath (Beregar@majik3d.org)