Re: magic and magical arts

Subject: Re: magic and magical arts
From: Taneli Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 15:51:26 EEST

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Kim Kunnas wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Ari Miettinen wrote:
>
> > Eternal Night spell would make the world dark, until someone dispels
> > that Eternal Night spell and ditto for all the other effects like that.
> > Why do we need to limit magic in such ways? If someone casts Eternal
> > Night, it is a great opportunity for goodie adventurers to dispel it.
>
> Well, where will it get power? I don't understand how it would work
> in a logical way without needing upkeep?

It doesnt need upkeep. A mage who did that spell just manipulated reality
so that it powers itself. This doesnt drain the energy reality is made of,
instead the mage can have simply cast a spell that changes all light to
dark, just converts one form of reality into another. That way the spell
gets power automatically.

-m