Re: magic and magical arts

Subject: Re: magic and magical arts
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 16:12:27 EEST

>What would be the effects of such spells as
>eternal night if they lasted forever? or do you want that we have
>items that cast meteor storms or something similar such like that?
>There should be always some cost in use of magic.
Eternal Night spell would make the world dark, until someone dispels
that Eternal Night spell and ditto for all the other effects like that.
Why do we need to limit magic in such ways? If someone casts Eternal
Night, it is a great opportunity for goodie adventurers to dispel it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.