Re: Ancients (history)

Subject: Re: Ancients (history)
From: Beregar (beregar@majik3d.org)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 19:16:24 EEST

Taneli Tikka wrote:

> hummm.. elder god loosing the battle.. i dont think so =P.. namhas, aluna,
> and sinister alone have pretty much power, and combined with their eldest
> sons and daughters its surely enough to change reality as they see fit. Of
> course gods rarely unite. and its balance that prevails..

Well, Perhaps it wasn't Namhas who created the "species of man". It
might be so that these New Gods found out that they can't surpass
the Elder Gods in power and created the races so they could to have
more power for themselves.

Moon Elves are so powerful that they might as well be one of the
Ancient races.

So, "creation history" would go like this:

- Namhas creates the Majik and calls the other Elder Gods
- Plants and animals are created? (purpose unknown)
- Plants start to reproduce and die(1)
- More intelligent animals evolve and eventually new Greater spirits
   appear when spirits of those animals meld together.
- Some of these spirits became flesh and are later known as the
   Ancients, others stay in "heavens" and keep growing in power,
   they are known as the "New Gods". (2)
- The New Gods get bored and turn against the Elder Gods causing
   the "God wars". The Ancients follow the battle in their cities which
   they have created and protect the world from effects of the War. (3)
- Most of the New Gods are destroyed by the Elder Gods. Remaining
   create the "species of man" in hope to get more power and send them
   to the world so that they can grow in numbers. God wars end. (4)
- The Ancients dissappear almost totally from the world, only a few of
   them remain and watch after the world. (5)

(1) I assume that Yorkaturr and Dazzt/Shinael already exist but they
     don't have form or influence in the world before this, for nothing
     really lived or died before creation of plants/animals. Maybe
     purpose of plants/animals was to give power to these Gods?

(2) These gods should be relatively weak in this stage and there should
      be quite many of them, perhaps ~100 or so. The Ancients are spirits
      who loved the world (Majik) and returned back to there. There was
      "common" ancients which were weaker and were numerous enough
      to form Ancient races (Moon Elves for example?) and few more
      powerful ones who rather stayed alone.

(3) I suggest that we place the Ancients to guard Majik which might
     have otherwise been destroyed in the God wars.

(4) Remaining New Gods are either those did not join in the battle
     and therefor Elder Gods did not destroy them or those who
     survived through the battles. I think these Gods should have
     god status and I suggest that for example Shinael might be one
     of these (New Gods were anyway mainly born from animal
     spirits and Shinael is the God of Nature).

(5) Some of them might became as lesser Gods or they may have
     left the world to some other dimension etc. Those who remain
     in the world are our Sages.

- Beregar (Beregar@majik3d.org)