Re: Ancients (history)

Subject: Re: Ancients (history)
From: Taneli Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 19:54:27 EEST

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Beregar wrote:

> Well, Perhaps it wasn't Namhas who created the "species of man". It
> might be so that these New Gods found out that they can't surpass
> the Elder Gods in power and created the races so they could to have
> more power for themselves.

sound more believable

> Moon Elves are so powerful that they might as well be one of the
> Ancient races.

Ok, suits me just fine. They have a nice array of inherited magical and
psionic abilities.

> So, "creation history" would go like this:

I placed a few additions to here :

- somewhere in the dust of times long gone the first of gods are given
  birth. At this time the world is still void, deep umbra with chaotic
  form.

- God live for unknown millenas and interact with each other. Rule over
  some myriad creations of theirs - the times forgotten.

> - Namhas creates the Majik and calls the other Elder Gods
> - Plants and animals are created? (purpose unknown)
> - Plants start to reproduce and die(1)
> - More intelligent animals evolve and eventually new Greater spirits
>    appear when spirits of those animals meld together.
> - Some of these spirits became flesh and are later known as the
>    Ancients, others stay in "heavens" and keep growing in power,
>    they are known as the "New Gods". (2)

- some gods also pair up and get children.. new-true-gods

> - The New Gods get bored and turn against the Elder Gods causing
>    the "God wars". The Ancients follow the battle in their cities which
>    they have created and protect the world from effects of the War. (3)

- few ancients, or perhaps many? are destroyd by gods. Surely they can
undo their creation.

> - Most of the New Gods are destroyed by the Elder Gods. Remaining
>    create the "species of man" in hope to get more power and send them
>    to the world so that they can grow in numbers. God wars end. (4)
> - The Ancients dissappear almost totally from the world, only a few of
>    them remain and watch after the world. (5)

- along with time few ancients become sages.

> (1) I assume that Yorkaturr and Dazzt/Shinael already exist but they
>      don't have form or influence in the world before this, for nothing
>      really lived or died before creation of plants/animals. Maybe
>      purpose of plants/animals was to give power to these Gods?

yorkaturr, dazzt, haru, sinister, aluna, mandor... etc existed yes.
and they DID have influence and things they were intrested of. but these
were not related to world of majik (since it wasnt there yet) but
to the myriad events -the times forgotten. ..
long ago.. in the void.

as the world was created they found many new intrests and finally agreed
to choose spheres which each one liked.

> (2) These gods should be relatively weak in this stage and there should
>       be quite many of them, perhaps ~100 or so. The Ancients are spirits
>       who loved the world (Majik) and returned back to there. There was
>       "common" ancients which were weaker and were numerous enough
>       to form Ancient races (Moon Elves for example?) and few more
>       powerful ones who rather stayed alone.

Yep there would have been many young gods who came along with the creation
of the world - and few old ones who lived countless millenna in the void

> (3) I suggest that we place the Ancients to guard Majik which might
>      have otherwise been destroyed in the God wars.

Maybe the intention of gods and their wars were never to destroy the
world? why would they want to undo their new precious creation?

> (4) Remaining New Gods are either those did not join in the battle
>      and therefor Elder Gods did not destroy them or those who
>      survived through the battles. I think these Gods should have
>      god status and I suggest that for example Shinael might be one
>      of these (New Gods were anyway mainly born from animal
>      spirits and Shinael is the God of Nature).

gods or lesser gods.. otherwise ok  - a part could also be young children
of gods.

> (5) Some of them might became as lesser Gods or they may have
>      left the world to some other dimension etc. Those who remain
>      in the world are our Sages.

Yep.. some ancients become sages, or perhaps some sage could even be an
ex-lesser god who had his/her ass kicked in the wars. and was reduced to
a "mere" sage :) needless to say his knowledge would still be vast.
and personal realtions to existing gods pretty mixed up.

-m