Re: Goblins 0.1 Genus desc

Subject: Re: Goblins 0.1 Genus desc
From: joshua 'hook' corning (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 13:04:58 EEST

Kim Kunnas wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, joshua 'hook' corning wrote:
>
> > So chimps and deer and trees and bacteria evolved from the ancients or
> > were created by them? This kind of destroys the creation myth doesn't
> > it? Also what is the time line of all this?
>
> Actually it does not. My opinion is that why would any god spend time
> to create stupid animals (except felines which, as we all know, are
> lovely!). I'd rather see that original meaning of majik world was to
> act as target of magical expiriments. I mean ancient races were not
> dependant on normal natural things: they didn't need food, were
> immortals etc which made them believe to be lesser gods themselves.
>
> These ancients imitated real gods and actually created every lesser
> beings, plants etc. I'd rather see that everything that gods created
> was originally meant for temporar. That would suit better for their
> nature if gods are those "who plaque mankind with suffering" type
> gods (as Harum suggested). So, I consider that the Gods may rather
> spend their time toying with mortals, it would make everything more
> realistic for otherwise they are again just idle Gods.
>

> >       What i am trying to design with goblins is basicaly a species that is
> > more animal then intellegent being. What i mean by original inhabitance
> > is like other wildlife that existed before the two rooms collided. Thier
> > intellegence is somewhere between chimp and neanderthal. They don't have
> > cloths, buildings, writing, religion. They probably can make fire and
> > craft simple tools but that is it.
> >

> I don't see why animals, plants or "ecosystem" needs to exist before
> these ancients. My suggestions has more space for failures and such
> which all powerful gods probably would not make, but which wannabe
> gods = ancients, would make.
>
> - Beregar Dar'Eldath (Beregar@majik3d.org)

I am confused. So which ancients do you mean? There are ancients which
existed before the two rooms collided then there are the ancients in the
two rooms then there are the gods. Who created what and when? Even more
importantly who created who and who created the original who created the
rest? And what is the significance of the two rooms. Am i to assume that
these are ufo's of some kind and if they are where did they come from?
Once again what is the time line of all this? I ask because i have a
fairly old human civilization that Im designing in Nalor Thaan and im
sick of redesigning stuff because of these undocumented descriptions of
history and race origins that keep popping up.

Joshua 'hook' Corning
hook@majik3d.org