Re: Goblins 0.1 Genus desc

Subject: Re: Goblins 0.1 Genus desc
From: joshua 'hook' corning (hook@u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 10:18:31 EEST

Beregar wrote:

> joshua 'akix' corning wrote:
>
> > I have made some preliminary descriptions of the goblin Genus. I have
> > made them a little different then traditional fantasy world goblins.
> > They are more animal then intelligent humanoids and are closer related
> > to bats then orcs. In fact i want goblins to be the original inhabitance
> > of Majik before the two rooms collided and brought all the other races
> > there.
>
> Hmm, I should have mentioned this earlier, but flying rooms DIDN'T
> bring our current races to world, they brought "ancient" races which
> gradually evolved (degenerated?) to current races. I'd also rather see
> that there was only a few, extremely power and old creatures (gods,
> dragons, arch demons/angels, some spirits etc) before these rooms
> collided. All lesser races/monsters should be either creations of these
> ancients or creations of gods, or then evolved from the ancients.

So chimps and deer and trees and bacteria evolved from the ancients or
were created by them? This kind of destroys the creation myth doesn't
it? Also what is the time line of all this?

	What i am trying to design with goblins is basicaly a species that is
more animal then intellegent being. What i mean by original inhabitance
is like other wildlife that existed before the two rooms collided. Thier
intellegence is somewhere between chimp and neanderthal. They don't have
cloths, buildings, writing, religion. They probably can make fire and
craft simple tools but that is it.