Re: Waj-cloth

Subject: Re: Waj-cloth
From: Ari Miettinen (emiettin@hytti.uku.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 13:28:17 EEST

>Aluna,
>
>I was reading an artical on spiders that you might find intersting.
>
>It says the following:
>
>"Spiders can produce up to 1,000 feet of silk at a time, but the line is
>so thin and light that repeated attempts to commercialize spider silk
>production have failed. (One problem: getting enough flies for the work
>force to eat.) Scientists are still trying to synthesize spider silk for
>industrial use, and the Defense Department thinks a vest of the stuff
>would stop bullets better than Kevlar."
>
>Notice the part about stopping bullets. The Waj-cloth made by the Dachoi
>presumably is made by spiders. Mabey the Waj-cloth could be used as
>armor at least against peircing weapons like arrows.
Waj-cloth is made from spider silk, correct. It might be nice to have waj-cloth
armour, but I disagree in waj giving protection against piercing. For example:
Kevlar can be penetrated with arrows, but kevlar does protect against
crushing force of a bullet. Waj-cloth could protect against slashes (and
maybe even pierces/stabs) if that is not found to be too unbalancing.
(Though not many has spoken for 'Balanced Majik', imho, Majik should
be balanced, otherwise the few min-maxers who WILL come to play, will
rule the world with their min-maxed characters)

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.