Re: Frequency of Magic & a few questions (long mail)

Subject: Re: Frequency of Magic & a few questions (long mail)
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 19:44:10 EEST

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Beregar wrote:

> I also want know destiny of my moon magic, will there be those
> moon symbols or will I change it to religious magic powered by
> some god? I also request herbal healing but it shouldn't be very
> strong unles herbs are picked near nodes or other areas where
> nature magic flourishes. Since my brahjians use alchemy I
> request also alchemic magic. I also want know do we have
> many different magic types which exist in nature (nature magic,
> chaotic magic, neutral magic etc) which would be good
> explanation to some magical creatures.
>
> Is divine magic same as true name magic or is it the one which
> is powered by the Gods?

In my opinition every magic type would use the true name magic
system "create-fire-arrow"-style magic, the casting systems just
could do it in a different way. For example, if we need to have
alchemists then they would add component+component+component
to get creation technique, shake it up and it would be potion
ready to create something, then just add stuff and it would
actually do something or then just blow up. The religious magic
should be completely apart from any magic definitions. Let's
just say it is not magic at all.

Still everyone sees the magic in different ways.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi