Re: Prkl

Subject: Re: Prkl
From: Juha Jantunen (talgor@iki.fi)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 11:53:51 EEST

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:53:35 +0300 (EET DST) Atte Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>
wrote:
>Namhas is the project leader of Majik, which everyone is
>ready to admit, which mostly means that he is the person who
>is the best individual representative of Majik and the
>person who is, I believe, the most capable in outlining the
>evolvement of Majik. Namhas WAS the original creator of
>Majik, but at this point in time, considering the HUGE
>evolution of Majik from the original DikuMUD it was years
>ago into a 3d-accelerated multi-player RPG, I believe it is
>a poor basis to build a Führer on, which is clearly what you
>are implying.

I'm not saying it has to be Namhas... He just was the only one named when
I asked who's the one who gives the final word on things...

>Nobody is clearly in charge of things and nobody CAN clearly
>be in charge because Majik people have mutual respect for
>each other. No-one can be deemed \"the supreme decider of
>things\", which I think is a good thing (not that I would
>have anything against despotism in general).
>
>Of all the 4 oldest devs, everyone at one point has been
>clearly \"the most active\", which I believe gives every dev
>an equal say in things concerning Majik. I can understand
>your individual-worship as it is very, very human, but by
>all the infernal names I can think of, I am not the person
>to degrade myself in such blind group mentality, and I
>believe this is true for most people affiliated with Majik.

Mmmm... I was not about to worship Namhas... ;) Just listening to Majik's
development over the years (mostly through Shinael) and looking at the
archives I just feel that there often seem to be a lack of coordinated
effort in many things and having someone say "we do this" every once in a
while would be good and get things moving in some direction... I'm not
saying the decision should be done at the drop of a hat, but instead after
listening to what is being said... And I believe Namhas' last mail did say
something like that, since he wants to hear why we should have the
academic-primal-divine system instead of the one-fits-all... I assumed he
would make a decision aftet hearing the arguments (and possibly
counter-arguing) and we'd go on based on that...

Marketing people, as much as they are disliked, DO know that at some point
in the project, you have to shoot the engineer and start producing...

My apologies for any offense... it was not intended. *bow*

Juha Jantunen           | ========================== Talgor - Janus - Shifter
Keisarinmajantie 4 H 2  | ===== Minna baka. =============== Shadowrun - Magic
48230 Kotka             | ====================== Life - Universe - Everything
Finland                 | ======== Anime - Manga - Babylon 5 - Trek - Sandman