Re: A compromise

Subject: Re: A compromise
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 22:17:29 EEST

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Juha Jantunen wrote:

> >No, I still prefer "One System Fits All".
>
> So who is the one who actually decides these things? You, Yorkaturr or
> someone else?

We all. I just said, "I would prefer a little better alternative,
which we haven't yet invented, but we should try before deciding
to take up a compromise.". If I say "No" and everyone else or
majority says "Yes", then it is "Yes". I'm not one who decides
things, except that we should have one to maintain a consistent
line, everyone think always a little bit differently. The voting
system is good because it gives a sum of all people's thinking
and that is usually the right line, but we shouldn't fall to
decision before everything is explained and all the applicable
alternatives tried. The question was, why do we have "academic",
"primal" and "divine" magic. Explain those, what do they contain
and why.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi