Re: Gods & designing

Subject: Re: Gods & designing
From: Ville V Sinkko (vsinkko@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 14:53:57 EEST

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Beregar wrote:

> Can races use different names for different gods? I mean for example Brahjians
> call Aluna as Jahare-Aheira (or something similar) and some other race with anot
> her name. If you wonder why I ask this..well Namhas said "no" and Harum said
> "yes".

Anyone can worship anything they want and call it Bob or FRUNOBULAX.
Those things are totally insignificant. After all, Hindus worship n+1
different gods and call them Shiva and Kali and whatever, without a single
fact that would point towards them even existing!

In brief: A mortal cannot know the true name of a God, or that the God
exists. Therefore he must a) invent his own name for the God he worships
and b) invent the whole God.

The answer can be nought but "yes".

--
65
  Zn		Symphonie pour le jour ou bruleront les cites