Gods & designing

Subject: Gods & designing
From: Beregar (beregar@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 14:04:42 EEST

Can races use different names for different gods? I mean for example Brahjians
call Aluna as Jahare-Aheira (or something similar) and some other race with anot
her name. If you wonder why I ask this..well Namhas said "no" and Harum said
"yes".

If it's "no" then I'll simply make all gods which my races worship as racial gods
and therefor use the name which I find suitable for particular race. (Currently I
have at least 7 gods which are: goddess of sand, beauty and fertility; god of
ocean, masculinity, dreams and murdered souls). Aluna and Shinael are only
"elder" gods which I currently use because I find names of other elder gods un
suitable for my races.

Even if our races can call gods with own names, I still suggest that we make
races first (they are anyway more essential for gameplay than gods).

I suggest we use following order when we design

+ Climate (This is done, but I wish someone would make better:)
+ The Regions of Majik in short
+ The Planet and the Continents Within (summary of previous two)
+ Races roaming the World
+ The Gods
+ Flora (do we really need this? I guess it's better make more detailed
             regions descs for each race?)

With previous stuff it should be more easier to do following things

+ Theory of Magic and Spellcasting
+ Life and Death
+ Priests
+ Structure of the World (This is more like a summary of previous things)
+ Myth of Creation (now we should have all information to make this)
+ Flow of the Time (history and such things)
+ Languages in the World
+ World of names (done?)
+ Currency and Trade

+ Checking all previous things, fixing typos, flaws etc

If you feel that something should be otherwise just say it (and I can say
why you are wrong:). btw I'd like to hear replies, or is everyone here
dead already?

- Beregar (Beregar@majik.netti.fi)