Re: a MUST read...

Subject: Re: a MUST read...
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 11:09:42 EET

Dmitri Medvedev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found this article that is a MUST read!
> It is an article that has very good points about Online RPGs.
>
> http://www.best.com/~tenarius/mudwimping.html
>
> I have not seen a massive RPG not fall victim to this terrible fate.
> A recent victim: EVERQUEST

The problem with this article is that it does not have anything to do
with Majik or any type of real role-playing, as Majik is not dependant
on the usual "players killing monsters"-concept that you find in MUDs
and/or the sole purpose of players advancing their stats/skills. Majik
is not "built to serve" anyway so that's that.

--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org>

True darkness is not the absence of light.