Re: Starting time

Subject: Re: Starting time
From: Kim Kunnas (beregar@majik3d.org)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 12:24:24 EET

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Joshua Corning wrote:

> It was my understanding that the game starts withing a 48 hour time after
> the cataclysm. The resone for this is becouse first that if there is a
> large amount of time after the cataclym then we have to make Three descs
> for each region. one for befor the cataclym then one for what the
> cataclysm did then one for what the world looks like after the ctaclysm
> after people have craeted new towns and cities. Secondly the whole point
> of the cataclysm was to make a world that the players define as it
> progresses. If we make time after the cataclysm then the designers are
> putting in cities tell players how to act and how to develope the
> world. Anyway I thought theere was a conceses on this from mandor and
> harum that it was within a 48 hour period. I have not read your desc theat
> neeat needs 10 years i will after work and comment on it.

We are not going to place any buildings in starting locations? I'd
believe we could make some sort of city for them. I'd believe mortals
would stay there and nearby enviroment that 10 years without too much
need to expand.

Besides, we could always let them hibernate that time as I said. It
wouldn't cause anymore problems, we don't need three descs. Actually
we need this way only stories (not detailed descs) how things were
before the cataclysm and list of changes for things that have occured
since then.

In my updated beduin text I tell as an ancient what I know of Brahjian
life before the cataclysm. I have also started to writing another file
which explains how things changed in the desert after cataclysm. If
we use this style to descripe things we can avoid a lot useless work.

Of course we still need to descripe those starting locations

- Beregar Dar'Edalth (Beregar@Majik3D.org)