Re: NT

Subject: Re: NT
From: Ville V Sinkko (vsinkko@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 12:15:34 EEST

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Ronan O'Driscoll wrote:

> I tried it on my NT machine at work, it didn't show
> anything but then again I didn't have a graphics
> accelerator card
> --- Axe <axe@crown.net> wrote:
> > Anyone been able to get Majik to work under NT?  If
> > so, what did you have to
> > do?
> > If not, anyone give the reasons why it won't work?

M3 works fine on my NT at a nice frame rate of 0.2 to 5.0
depending on detail level and screen size.

Possible explanation:
There is always a few seconds of blank screen when you log on
the game. It also seems that at least sometimes your starting
place is just at the foot of a steep slope, facing away from
it: at this situation your 'viewpoint' is 'inside' the hill,
and you end up seeing nothing. Tried walking forward a bit?

And Namhas could perhaps move the startloc in a flatter place?