Re: Some stuff in the linux current binary

Subject: Re: Some stuff in the linux current binary
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 12:10:16 EEST

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Mladen Gavrilovic wrote:

> I don't know if you guys are aware of this already, but in the
> linux-current binary, the forward and back keys are reversed... pressing
> 8 on the keypad moves you back and pressing 2 moves you forward.  Also,
> I went over a hill at the end of the horizon, and I flipped upside
> down.  I kept going forward, and I got the blue screen with my character
> just going forward in a void...  I went back, and I got the flipped view
> first, and then when I backed over the hill, the view flipped back the
> right way again.

Wait until M3 is released :)

> By the way, I'm having some trouble getting majik to run fullscreen.  I
> do "export MESA_GLX_FX=fullscreen", and GLX QuakeWorld for example runs
> fine, but majik still just shows up in a window... is this just me?

Were you root and are you sure you're using 3dfx hardware? AFAIK GLX
stuff doesn't work in fullscreen, at least when using Majik. I would
like to hear how to make it fullscreen otherwise than using GLUT's
fake fullscreen mode available from Settings menu.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi