Rendering Engine/SurRender3D

Subject: Rendering Engine/SurRender3D
From: Alexander Rawass (a_rawass@informatik.uni-kl.de)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 09:36:16 EEST

Hi,

I am maintainer of tuxfleet.sourceforge.net, and I am currently writing
space fight simulator based on plib (plib.sourceforge.net) - I suspect
you
might have heard of that library before ;-)

I probably want to use your terrain rendering engine in my game, cause
some times, even a starfighter has to come down and fight a planet base.

Would it be possible (in terms of programablility, NOT in terms of high
frame
rates) to include your terrain rendering engine in my game in a simple
way like:

terrain=new MajikTerrain(terrain_data_on_disk);

and

terrain->drawTerrain(sgVec3 camera position, sgVec3
camera_direction[3]);

If your terrain rendering engine is abstract enough, this maybe could
work.

I also want to know:

I've read that you started using the SurRender3D engine - how?

I had a look at their homepage and it looked to me as a commercial
product.
Is there a licence to use it for free in GPLd games?

Please make sure that your reply goes to me personally, since I am not
subscribed to this list (no time to read).

Alex

--
                   Alexander Rawass
          Email: alexannika@users.sourceforge.net