Re: Problem with Win32 client v0.4.0

Subject: Re: Problem with Win32 client v0.4.0
From: Charles Darcy (charlie@mullum.com.au)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 06:16:29 EET

Hi Rob,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Hitting F1 or F2 to change to 3rd or 1st person mode, both generate
a 'This program has performed an illegal operation ...' message, and the
program is aborted.

    I tried to moving forward for about 300 keystrokes, and still couldn't
see anything bar the Great Void. If I continue, eventually the frame rate
freezes
(I think the client hangs) and, after about 2 minutes, aborts/exits.

    I suppose since no one else has mentioned these things, the problem
must be my setup, but I'm not sure where exactly. I changed my 'majik3d.ini'
settings to those recommended for no graphics acceleration, but otherwise
everything is 'straight out of the box (zip file)'. Even with the original
'majik3d.ini'
the problems still occur. Perhaps I slopped some of that delicious,
thirst quenching H2SO4 on my system without noticing.  8^)

regards from limbo,

Charlie.