Re: windows client issues

Subject: Re: windows client issues
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 22:30:47 EET

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Rich Reybok wrote:

> got the following error:
> Reading configuration from: majik3d.ini
> Illegal mode passed to ssgSimpleState::disable(2912)
>
> Then graphics mode starts up and I get a total system hang. I can repeat
> this at will. I tried downloading the source to see if I could turn on
> some debug info to provide more docs on the prob, but I had some troubles.
> I tried opening the .dsw in vc6 and it said it was an unknown makefile.
> any ideas?

Not much. That error ('illegal model passed ...') is a warning about a
missing feature in PLIB (it doesn't support disabling fog in the middle of
rendering) so it doesn't have anything to do with the crash.

About the .dsw, for some reason it doesn't work for some people. All I can
say that it works for me in visual studio 6.0.

++dazzt

---
Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi | Coral
programming, music, keyboards, web, demos,  b5 | Nah-kolor
dazzt @ Majik3D RPG     https://majik3d-legacy.org | Majik