Re: Encryption on the server?

Subject: Re: Encryption on the server?
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 13:37:31 EET

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Leonardo Santagada wrote:

> if the server code is going to be released as open source anyone could look
> at it and learn how to decript the words... that would just make the server
> slower..

As the client is open source we can't hide the protocol. As I said in
my previous post the system has to be designed so that the publicity of
the protocol and used encryption shouldn't give any (or in practice,
minimal amount of) possibilities to cheat.

++dazzt

---
Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi | Coral
programming, music, keyboards, web, demos,  b5 | Nah-kolor
dazzt @ Majik3D RPG     https://majik3d-legacy.org | Majik