Re: Mesa probs...

Subject: Re: Mesa probs...
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 11:32:42 EET

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Kevan Benson wrote:

> I tried using the linux binary, but it keeps complaining about not finding a shared library.  They problem is, when
> using an RPM of Mesa (and Mesa devel, and demos, and glit, and glut devel), one or another file is missing that is
> required.  when using the Redhat 6.0 RPMs (Mesa 3.0), libGL.so.1 is missing.  When I use the Freshmeat RPMs (Mesa 3.1)
> libMesaGL.so.3 is missing.  Whe looking at the file lists of each RPM, I see that they each name the libraries
> differently, resulting in this error.  Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if they have a solution
> (compile Mesa?).  Don't want to compile if I don't have to, like the easy file management of RPM.

You didn't mention what version you tried. You can check the required
libraries with command 'ldd majik'. As for 0.4.0pre, I noticed that while
packaging the files I accidentally linked it to libGL and libMesaGLU. You
should be able to fix the problem by installing either mesa and making
symlinks from libGL.so.3 to libMesaGL.so.3 and libGLU.so.3 to libMesaGLU
(or vice versa). IIRC Mesa 3.1 uses  libGL(U) (no libMesaGLU) and Mesa 3.0
uses libMesaGL (no libGL) so it doesn't work on either unless you have
symlinks :).

++ dazzt

---
Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi | Coral
programming, music, keyboards, web, demos,  b5 | Nah-kolor
dazzt @ Majik3D RPG     https://majik3d-legacy.org | Majik