Design Postings

Subject: Design Postings
From: David Elias Villarroel (devillar@engsoc.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 21:57:26 EET

I have just recently spent some hours looking at the archived postings in the
majik-design mailing list. It was really quite interesting. the process to
design this amzing world seems very complicated!

Something that caught my attention was how the discussion went for a long time
on the starting of the game. It seems that their were many opinions and that
there really wan't anything settled. A majority like the cataclysm idea, but to
me it seems very wierd to start the game off just waking up.

I had an idea that you can take or just simply ignore. How about let people
arrive in ships sort of like settling the new land! You can randomly choose
different spots, depending on the different race each player wants to be.  Then
you can have each area that you (dev team) want for each race!

Also when a new player joins Majik (after it has been going for a while) are
they just going to pop up and suddenly appear, or be born to a family??  If any
of these are not likely then again the boat settling could be the answer.

I had a question brough to me by a friend. Question: Can you smoke pot in
Majik, and if there are drugs!??

Have a great day!

Dave
"Zepa"