Re: majik 3d

Subject: Re: majik 3d
From: Timmy Douglas (tdouglas@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 02:31:58 EET

Atte Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org> said:
>> Are you trying to keep your community limited? If you know that people
>> do not like losing all their work, I don't understand why you are
>> doing it. Sometimes I think gameplay comes before being
>> realistic. Life is for being realistic, I want to have fun playing
>> games.
>
>We are, in a sense, trying to keep the quality of our community at a high
>level as opposed to the quantity, but this is not the primary reason why
>we are supporting permanent death. It is simply the most effective way of
>eliminating hack'n'slash and overall carelessness in Majik, and if you
>read through all the other features in the list, you can see that we have
>not compromised much when it comes to realism. A large part of the ambition
>of creating Majik comes from the specific desire of bringing role-play
>authenticity into CRPGs, a goal that has been omitted and ignored so far
>by most, if not all, CRPG titles.

ok.

>> btw, i think you have too many mailing lists---it kept me from
>> subscribing to one. :)
>
>Unless you are specifically interested in technical and ideological
>aspects of the game, you might just want to subscribe to majik-announce
>and majik-users, the rest are mostly reserved for discussion between the
>developers of Majik and are usually of no interest for others. The traffic
>of these lists is very light at the moment so you don't need to worry
>about spam.

well, i would basically want to see all majik related messages without
having to subscribe and unsubscribe from all the lists. perhaps it
would be possible to make a majik-all for people who what to see
comments about the internals of the game engine and the user's
perspective. well i guess it doesn't matter that much, i'm just too
lazy to join all of them and then unsubscribe if wanted to later.

thanks for the reply.