Connection problem

Subject: Connection problem
From: Jurgen Baute (jurgenbt@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 22:47:53 EEST

Hello,

I'm trying out the win32 client and it looks like the port-settings aren't
working.
The ini-file states port 4000 should be used to connect to the server
(majik.majik3d.org), but I keep getting the error that the client is unable to
connect to the server.
<FATAL ERROR: Connection to '195.74.0.76' failed.>

When I tried connecting with Telnet to majik.majik3d.org I got a login prompt,
so I guess the server wasn't down when I tried.

The wierd thing is when I set the port to 80 (web-port) I did get a blank
screen, but when I tried to move around (as stated in the FAQ) I got this
errormessages:
<FATAL ERROR: Could not receive data from host, connection closed?>

Does the ini-file have a wrong portnumber, or is something else wrong?
While starting the program I also see this error pass by
<Illegal mode passed to ssgSimpleState::disable(2912)>
It might be causing the problem?

see ya,
Jürgen.

ICQ: 3362938