(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Dmitry Derevyanko (dmitryd@robotics.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 07:56:49 EEST

Hello,

I've just stumbled onto your project, and it seem VERY cool.  It wonderful
to see something like this actually being done.  (there are several
similar projects that did not really take off)

I am a senior at UC Berkeley (CS/Applide Math).  I've programmed for
around 6 years (including a little MUD programming), mostly on UNIX/Linux.
Have some graphics, networking, and design experience.

I don't currently have any extra time to contribute to Majik. But instead,
I would like to discuss/share some ideas on overall engine design, as well
as some game play issues.  I would like to know more about your combat
system, and related latency problems.

Im not sure if this can be done better via a mailing list or personal
mail.

Hope to hear from ya.

-Dmitry