Re: error with configure/make on my system

Subject: Re: error with configure/make on my system
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik3d.org)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 09:18:50 EET

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Guy Hutchison wrote:

> mcMenu.hpp:22: pu.h: No such file or directory
> mcDisplay.hpp:22: pu.h: No such file or directory

From the README,

  1. Make sure you have all the required libraries installed with their
     development SDKs. You can get the libraries from here:

       ftp://ftp.mesa3d.org/mesa/MesaLib-3.0.tar.gz
       ftp://ftp.mesa3d.org/mesa/MesaDemos-3.0.tar.gz
       http://www.woodsoup.org/projs/plib/dist/plib-1.0.20.tar.gz
       http://reality.sgi.com/opengl/glut3/glut-3.7.tar.gz

     You do not have to install Mesa if you have a real OpenGL support in
     your box (SGI for example) and you do not need to get glut-3.7.tar.gz
     if you install MesaDemos-3.0.tar.gz because it includes the GLUT.

The pu.h is in the plib-1.0.20.tar.gz package.

> BTW, tried compiling from source because the binary was dynamically
> linked with a later version oflibstc++ than I have...  When you start
> doing public-ready distributions, you might want to have a build process
> which purposely links with the oldest shared libraries you can find.

Can you tell me how to do that? :)

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik3d.org https://majik3d-legacy.org