Re: libglut

Subject: Re: libglut
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 18:04:18 EEST

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Henrik Lindstrom wrote:

> Well, i dont know how to compile libglut on
> my linux system, running redhat 6.0, kernel
> 2.2.10.

Glut should come with redhat distribution, you should be able to install
it from your cd's using some package management tool (you might know
better, I don't use redhat).

If you have a 3dfx voodoo card and want to use it, we have instructions
for using it at ftp://www.majik3d.org/incoming/redhat.instructions.

Also, acceleration using Riva TNT is possible, the instructions for
installing Riva TNT drivers under linux are found from nvidia's site
(www.nvidia.com).

> And, do majik have any irc channel?
> If it has, wich irc-network?

Well, sometimes you can find someone at #majik in IRCNet. You
have more chance of finding us from majik3 (a previous
incarnation of majik3d, telnet://majik.majik3d.org:7600), though.

++dazzt

---
| Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi : coral   -.
| programming            music          graphics | dolphin   :
| art                  keyboards             web | nah-kolor |
| Babylon5-inspired 'shadow function'        0 <= t <= 4*pi/3
:  x(t) =   (sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3sin 8t) cos (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)
.  y(t) = +-(sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3cos 8t) sin (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)