Re: help and good luck !

Subject: Re: help and good luck !
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 08:26:04 EEST

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Alexey wrote:

> Sorry for bad english :)) i'm russian...

No problem, I'm finnish. :)

> if you can, help me with docs for programming X-games...

First you'll need to install Linux, if you haven't done so already,
get one from www.debian.org or buy some Debian CDs. Then you might
want to decide what kind of game you want to code. Will it be 2D,
3D or what. For 2D games SDL library is good, for 3D OpenGL is the
only choice and thus you'll have to get Mesa from www.mesa3d.org.
Both of them include some examples and documentation. If you are
already proficient with coding in C you'll get something done just
by looking at those examples, but otherwise I suggest you to buy
and read some C book first.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi