Re: Hi! Tried out Majik today

Subject: Re: Hi! Tried out Majik today
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 21:35:43 EEST

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Brant Clabaugh wrote:

> I'm running on a Celeron 400 that I overclock to 450 MHz. I have 128 megs
> of RAM and a Voodoo3 3000 video card. I edited the majik.ini file to set
> the screen size to 1024x768 with 16-bit color (the Voodoo 3 doesn't do
> 32-bit in full-screen.  I didn't know it would run in a window in
> Win32).

I think I'll change the default to 16bpp, just too many cards aren't
capable of doing graphics in 32-bit mode.

> I was using the M2 Win32 version with fog and textures and "smooth"
> turned on.
>
> My frame rates were from 15fps to 35fps, depending on where I was at. Very
> nice. Average was about 20fps with a lot of terrain in view. The highest
> rates were at the "edge of the world".

This is amazing indeed! I didn't know it would support any 3Dfx Voodoo
cards, be it V3 or not and if it does that using software driver only;
it's only more amazing,.. did you see the 3Dfx logo? :)

My fps are only ~10fps using Linux TNT2 drivers and 1152x864 resolution
on PII233.

> I tried to subscribe to the majik-users mailing list through your web
> page and it kept telling me that I needed to enter my email address,
> which I did. I subscribed just fine to majik-announce. If you folks
> could subscribe me to majik-users I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty busy,
> but am willing to help out with your project when I can.

You're on it now :)

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi