Hi! Tried out Majik today

Subject: Hi! Tried out Majik today
From: Brant Clabaugh (bclabaugh@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 20:46:17 EEST

I'm running on a Celeron 400 that I overclock to 450 MHz. I have 128 megs of RAM and a Voodoo3 3000 video card. I edited the majik.ini file to set the screen size to 1024x768 with 16-bit color (the Voodoo 3 doesn't do 32-bit in full-screen.  I didn't know it would run in a window in Win32). I was using the M2 Win32 version with fog and textures and "smooth" turned on.

My frame rates were from 15fps to 35fps, depending on where I was at. Very nice. Average was about 20fps with a lot of terrain in view. The highest rates were at the "edge of the world".

Just thought you guys would be interested!

I tried to subscribe to the majik-users mailing list through your web page and it kept telling me that I needed to enter my email address, which I did. I subscribed just fine to majik-announce. If you folks could subscribe me to majik-users I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty busy, but am willing to help out with your project when I can.

-Brant