Re: About stat system..

Subject: Re: About stat system..
From: Sinister Serpent (sinister.serpent@sci.fi)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 12:36:19 EET

"Janne Räsänen" wrote:
> Tommi Leino wrote:
> >In any case, I tried to say that it is >not so unbalanced if
> >using it would be rare and hard to learn. >In Majik, we don't really have
> >50% of fighters and 50% of magic-users (religious included), instead we
> > more likely have most of them just ordinary (non magic-users as primary
> > profession) people, adventurers, fighters or whatever that may all posses
> > religious magic to some degree or are at least in some way involved with
> > their gods. Real mages are rare but powerful.
> >

> I agree on that. Especially now after the Great Fire when all the mages are hated anyway. Not only people are careful with magic, but so are mages. They do remember what happened to their earlier leaders. So becoming a mage has now (after cataclysm) become harder. I mean it would be hard to find anyone who would like to teach you anything, maybe even all former mages could be somehow insane? If there will be magesocieties, there should be hard tests for anyone who wishes to become a member.
> (Lots of mysticism on tests, death as an only punishment for failure?)

Cataclysm does not mean that all mages died or went insane, but for sure
they became much more careful and decided that they will not just
whomever who might be "interested" in magic. So yes, in order to become
a mage student one should pass some tests or a quest perhaps(?), but I
do not think that death would be commonly used as punishment for failure
since why in the hell would all the mages be cruel and evil?
--
  |           ~ Sinister / Serpent of Nightside ~           |
  | <sinister.serpent@sci.fi> http://i.am/sinister.serpent/ |