Re: radical departure

Subject: Re: radical departure
From: Taneli Niko Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 09:49:31 EET

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Atte Koivula wrote:

> > > The goal of making a world where players make history is perfectly
> > > executed in a world that begins on a dynamic setting, then evolves to
> > > where ever it may drift, but with reason. If you dont understand what i
> > > mean with reason in this subject, ask  - and eat a shitload of > > smartdrugs.
> >
> > Implying that I am dumb and incapable of understanding the concepts you
> > are defending is juvenile and counter productive. Stick to the
> > discussion please instead of taking jabs at my intelligence and
> > character.
>
> I agree with Hook on the basic concept, however there's a little
> misjudgement here. Mandor probably implied that maybe he's beyond human
> understanding because he himself is a consumer of smartdrugs and is
> unable to see it himself. It was a joke probably, but smartdrugs can't
> hurt anyone :P

Yep i wasnt that serious :).. It was something of a "nasty sounding joke"
because i was somewhat annoyed thou. And smartdrugs never hurt, only do
alot of good :).. I really did say "ask" because in that particular mail i
didnt explain it alot.

I want the players running the game as much as you do, but starting with
an empty world isnt the right solution here. We dont have to create
anything static or too far gone either. Take and empty world, fill it with
enough dynamic changeable stuff, and its prolly the best option to start
with, considering that we dont have all the resources in the world avail
for this project.

.m