Re: radical departure

Subject: Re: radical departure
From: Taneli Niko Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 16:16:34 EET

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Tommi Leino wrote:

> One torch may be enough for a wooden village, besides, they may not just
> destroy the city but to change the way of the city so radically there is
> no much point making large and complete descriptions of the cities, they
> will evolve in any case if we are to have a dynamic world.

One torch could be enough in very unusual circumstances. But after they
have burned the village? well the local warlord gets quite upset because
all of his food suppliers and weponmakers are now dead and he has no
people to extort. The village happened to have a shrine for the god harum,
whose followers get quite upset and want give a good beating for the chap
that burned the shrine.. etcc.ettc..etcc..

after npcs have taken what comes naturally (revenge) the same npc might
rebuild the village, or start another one 3 miles down the road.

.m