Re: history and background (was: radical departure)

Subject: Re: history and background (was: radical departure)
From: Pekka Toppi (pot@norssi.oulu.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 15:50:28 EET

We had some discussion today about the starting time and we came up with a
proposal: what if the game started 1000 years after the war and the crash
of the flying rooms. That way the world would have population and cities
and some history, but it would be young enough so that the players would
have
enough to explore and they could make their own legends. I agree about
controlling who plays the game like Harun said, only in the beginning. and
if we leave enough empty land and regions, players can build their own
town there instead of destroying the old ones. And if they want, they can
always try to conquer other, NPC or PC driven cities.