Re: radical departure

Subject: Re: radical departure
From: Atte Koivula (yorkaturr@majik3d.org)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 18:51:30 EET

>Also it gives the possiblity of phenomanum like the northern lights. A >wizard might seek out such a place in majik3d for added magic. And if i >remember right the northern lights are caused by floating debre in the >earths atmosphere circling the north pole.

Awww gimme a break will you, the northern lights can exist as a
phenomenon even though Majik is not a sphere. In old finnish mythology
the northern lights were explained with the story of a giant fox waving
his tail against the snow in the Fjelds (unfortunately I don't remember
if this was coherent with the Viking explanation) and the myth lived a
lot longer than the overall time that we have had a scientific
explanation for the thing. Which is not caused by just any kind of
debris btw, it's caused by the solar winds. Anyway, we can invent
something like that as well and we can invent phenomena that do not
exist in the normal world like global darkening, the sky full of magical
sparks etc etc. USE your fucken imagination.

>Also if the world is flat if one where flying what happens we run into a >invisible wall or something at the edge of the world.?

TO COLD VOID DESOLATION!

_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorkaturr@majik3d.org>