Re: Between darkness and light...

Subject: Re: Between darkness and light...
From: McDuff (mcduff@iname.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 17:42:08 EEST

A thought just struck me <blam> :))

The sun doesn't just provide light, it provides heat, and if a part of the
world is in darkness for 6 months, you're either going to have every part of
the world which ends up completely frozen for about 4 months, unless you can
think of some way of solving this, like a complex system of underground
geysers or a highly active tectonic system to release heat.

Might add complexity to the program, unless you want to just create some new
physics or something and make heat and light separate, for easiness.

Also, would it be too off the wall to assume that, If Majik is a Globe, then
the map could be considered to be 1/4 or the surface.  Looking at the
terrains, it certainly appears that the Mals to the North are kind of
arctic, and the terrain gets more equatorial to the South.  If this was
true, it could mean that during the game the world could be expanded by
300%, and if that ran out we could always think of some magic to make more
space :)))  I don't think that space is something we're going to run out of
soon, but it does need considering.