water and days

Subject: water and days
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 13:27:05 EEST

> I think that the long days and nights would be an excellent idea.  It would
> be very nice to see Majik developing more and more of these original ideas
> which no-one else has implemented in a MUD.
>
> The reason I asked about water was that I have various waters on my texture
> list.  Now, depending on the coding, water might just be a flat object where
> you cannot go, but that would be unrealistic.  Or, the coders could actually
> put real world physics in and create a particle/fluid based simulation
> engine, which could be used not only for water but lava, mud, even fog, to a
> certain extent.  Or, it could go like Quake and have "brushes" made of
> water.  Either way, I'm putting the water textures on hold, like the trees,
> until the coding base is more solid and I know I won't have to redo textures
> again - flat terrain is rarely changed so I'm confident Namhas won't mail me
> with "we need different grass for everything" ! :))
>
> I hope that this is helpful for you.
>
> McDuff

*grumble*, do not discuss about this kind of stuff privately, this belongs
to design so I and others can join too :)

Yes, we really want that users can dive into the water and possibility that
there would be underwater cities and such oddies. For the long days/nights
idea, I don't really know. It is good to have similarity with the real life
and in the other hand it would be nice to have such features. But for now,
I'd say "yes".

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project
namhas@majik.netti.fi http://majik.netti.fi