Re: Some questions

Subject: Re: Some questions
From: Taneli Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 17:24:46 EEST

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, hook wrote:

> I am currently designing the region/race desc for Torell and need some
> info on the Dark-Elves that live just north of Torell on the island of
> Lanuin. I understand the elves are the responsibility of Mandor. So
> Mandor could you please post what you have on them and the region of
> Lanuin.

Okay here comes. This is from my head and spine :) not from any real ready
file, but all info is correct.

> Specifically i need:
>
> Dark-elves real name

Dark elven name in the language of "tiala" (which is the common elvish
language everywhere in majik) is : zrei'gu'aiuo
Pronounced fonetically with japanese/finnish tone of voice.
And that translates to "Nobles of evil and darkness"
zrei=evil, darkness=ghu, noble=aiuo.
Dark elves speak Tiala and also their own language of Zadicc.

> History as in how did they get to Lanuin- I want the Torelluneuse
> migration to torell to correspond with the elven migration and need
> dates and specifics
> Relationship to humans and specifically Torell.

Dark elves were originally one of the tribes of noble fair elves, elves
with most status, beauty and gifts. Their attitude towards life caused
them to fall from greater glory. They still hold status in elven society
but not as high as before. And this happened a long long time ago.
Most dark elves hate humans in the hearts, they despise those low life
beings and weak mortals. They are very arrogant and consider themselfs far
superior and noble when compared to humans. They have black hearts. They
are arrogant, stubborn, greedy, sadistic, cruel, immortal and ruthless.
But not all of them, many are manipulative, secretive, silent manipulator
behind the scenes, intelligent evil. And their numbers are few, dark elves
only have one larger city which is completely populated by them - city
that allows humans to exist only as slaves and prisoners. Cold hearted
secucers and murderers.. evil warlocks, priests, evil magicians, high
priests, sorcerers.. and alike.. worshipping evil and selfish gods.

They might not allow torell people in their largest city, but maybe in the
smaller cities (dark elves dont have small villages and suchs, they alwas
live in cities made of grey cold stone and material alike).. They might
tolerate the Torell people or have some ancient pact/threaty with them
that they cant broke.. Since dark elves live mostly at the north-side of
the island maybe Torell humans could live more at the south.. Few of the
Torell might even be their servants or vassals.. Dark elves tend to be
very gifted as do all the fair elven races.. highly magical in nature and
have superior advantages over humans such as temperature tolerance,
reduced need to sleep, higher dexterity/agility, virtually immortal (can't
die of of age - but surely can from natural causes).. And among dark elves
(in each city, but specially at their "capital") there is a group of very
very old dark elves, who have quite much power and might - and evil wisdom
to do their dark ways...

Invet some sort of pact between Torell and dark elves and they could
co-exist in the island.. i know little about the nature of Torell humans
but if they are kind hearted babyfaces :) the dark elves really dont like
them then.. but if they have a bit more evil tendencies they might get
along just fine. Dark elves are intelligent after all, they cant go around
attacking their neighbours or everyone they despise.. soon the whole world
would be against them. And they are skilled politicians and diplomates -
they can twist you into some shady unfair deal without you even noticing
it.

-----
BTW i got my direct wire to the net installed today. If should be fully
activated and in action within 7 days or so.. After that im going to spent
much more time twiddling online and even posting my writings a bit :)

- Mandor