Majik RY

Subject: Majik RY
From: Taneli Tikka (ttikka@icon.fi)
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 00:11:18 EEST

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Atte Koivula wrote:

> > We should put up MAJIK RY asap!
>
> I have been pro this idea for as long as I can remember. The
> thing is, we\'d have to wait around a year or so for the
> fucking Rekisteröintitoimisto to acknowledge our RY
> application. But the way I see it, Majik RY has to be formed
> anyway if we\'re ever going to accept donations etc. So the
> sooner the better, I agree.

as some of you know i have been chairman of the board in our sportclub for
the past 3 years (also founded that club in 1996).. And i'v been on the
board of local boyscout organisation for years. So i have some experience
in middlings with finnish non-profit organisations.
And WE DO NOT have to wait for a year to get anything registered, the
organisation becomes official RIGHT AWAY when we mail those papers to
registration. When papers are mailed RY becomes official but has a remark
"under change" but that wont mean dick :) we still have full powers etc.

> >So we should not create a board larger than 5 or so
> >people..
>
> Older Devs + Mandor = 5 :P.

Maybe =P.. might be one good way to mix up a proper board.
do note that to affect something within the organisation you wont have to
be a board member, the annuals meetings each year decide alot of things
and every member is allowed to vote/speak there (board or not)..

- m