"Scoring" of archived mails

Subject: "Scoring" of archived mails
From: Jari P Saukkonen (jsaukkon@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 17:43:51 EEST

Before going to the subject, a brief introduction for Talgor:

I'm Dazzt, the god of healing and also one of the oldest developers of
Majik. I came along when building majik3 (the lpmud version) had just
started. My proficiencies are mostly on the code side, but I'm also
well capable of doing music and graphics when needed. I spent the
spring in army and currently I'm quite busy with work so I haven't had
much time to code majik3d (yet), but I'm following the mail threads
closely (though not posting so often) and attending majik cons whenever
possible.

And now back to the original subject ..

I just wanted to know if there is a way for us to "rank" the archived
mails so that the people who are new to the list could quickly read the
most important mails. This would apply to mails with proposals or
decisions or otherwise good threads.

(I posted this question here instead of directly mailing to Namhas
because now you all know how it would rock so we can bug Namhas
together ;)

++ Dazzt

---
| Jari Saukkonen + jari.saukkonen@cs.helsinki.fi : coral   -.
| programming            music          graphics | dolphin   :
| art                  keyboards             web | nah-kolor |
| Babylon5-inspired 'shadow function'        0 <= t <= 4*pi/3
:  x(t) =   (sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3sin 8t) cos (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)
.  y(t) = +-(sin 8t)^2 * (5 + 3cos 8t) sin (t/2 + (sin 8t)^2)