Re: Majik (and Magic)

Subject: Re: Majik (and Magic)
From: Tommi Leino (namhas@majik.netti.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 13:16:43 EEST

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Juha Jantunen wrote:

> 1. Is magic common?

In my vision magic is rare and hard to learn, but when learnt the
power attained is over everything else. No need for any "born special"
stuff. Using magic would need some irl patience, wits and ambition
more than some stat or whatever. Easy spells such as whining crops grow
faster could be priest spells instead and thus more common.

> 2. Systems of Magic
>    There seem to be at least four different kinds of magic, more or less
> developed, and all of them seem to work in different ways. I don't really
> much like this over-abundance of magic systems, and would like to stick
> with just a few. Two would be quite enough IMO... If people who are really
> good with the symbol of fire want to call themselves fire mages or
> elementalists or whatever, let them, but that's a matter of roleplaying,
> not having different systems for everyone... I'd just restrict it to
> divine-based magic (for believers) and then this essence-based (or
> whatever you want to call it) magic.

Right.

--
Tommi Leino / Majik 3D project