Re: Elves

Subject: Re: Elves
From: Atte Koivula (yorka@dlc.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 15:40:53 EEST

McDuff wrote:
> You said that they had devoted their lives to being the best - sorry,
> obviously they would never reach Dwarf Master Blacksmith skill, even if they
> tried for 2000 years.  (A Dwarf Master Blacksmith can cold shoe an ant, and
> it is said that Death's scythe was forged by the first Dwarven Blacksmith  -
> bit of folklore I just thought I'd throw in for Yorkaturr there :))) )

Dwarves are not really what you could call "skilled artisans" in the
sense that they would create exquisite, detailed items. They are more on
the pragmatic side. Their items are simple, even crude at times, but
always durable and effective. And as for the Death's Scythe, it was
forged magically by Sinister.
--
_/_
/Atte "Yorkaturr" Koivula <yorka@dlc.fi>