Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Worldbook changes

Message 744

Date: 2002-02-17 15:06:08

I made a few changes to world history and races section. See if I have accidently removed something which should be in either of the sections so I can add them back (I have backups).

Also, please remove post-cataclysmic races from the historical races section and vice versa (unless, of course, your race exists in post-cataclysmic situation too).

- Beregar

Message 762

Date: 2002-02-17 20:44:54
In-Reply-To: 744

I see nothing important missing.

Now we (I) have a problem. The world history has parts of the elven history as well.

The story so far: We have decided to have the moonies in (or above) sol'daran but the darkies do not live there. The wb history says that there has been migration of DEs. So, it sounds good to me, but I need to know why. The other alternative is to remove that part as well and replace it with some other story. Any suggestions?

Message 764

Date: 2002-02-17 20:56:51
In-Reply-To: 762

archantes you are designing the elves so you get to decide why. Suggestions could be war between the moons and darks or ,the darks were is search of something that was lost, the darks found something that they wanted to keep from the moons so migrated far away. Basicly the story is yours to do with as you want. If you do not like that the darks migrated away then change it. I can adjust the tore accordingly. The history of the tore is not a huge thing they are but one race of many human races. The elves on the other hand need a compeling original story. From what i have read im sure you can write such a story. But if the tore's history conflicts with it to much feel free to adjust, delete, add, or completely do away with it.

-hook (creator and manager of tore desc)

Message 765

Date: 2002-02-17 20:59:11
In-Reply-To: 764

Agreed. Also, elven history is not very coherent currently. We can always alter excisting history texts if they don't fit to your design. You are the designer of elves, the rest of us will change our work according to your design if ours have elves in them.

- Beregar

Message 770

Date: 2002-02-17 22:50:25
In-Reply-To: 765

:)

Whoa, you make me sound like a designer.. I can't stop smiling :) After all I'm the one who is the newbie here..

Message 774

Date: 2002-02-18 11:36:23
In-Reply-To: 770

Well, don't smile yet. It is more likely to be a curse than a blessing :)

Oh, and if you screw up something, you can be sure to hear about it. ;)

- Beregar

Message 779

Date: 2002-02-18 19:45:55
In-Reply-To: 774

I know that..

Well I want people to give me - and others - feedback. Therefore there is chance for developement. :)