Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

html in worldbook entrys

Message 710

Date: 2002-02-13 22:54:08

For new people, the html included in the world book should be fairly limited, What you type in the box is inserted into an existing page, so it dosn't need html head title body tags, also to avoid the worldbook becoming huge in disk space, you don't need to use Frontpage to design it, just in a text editor type out your entry, then add some basic html like headers (h1 h2 h3 h4 h5) and put a p tag at the end of your paragraphs, lists can use the ol tag for ordered lists or ul for unordered. Just brush up on basic html, and try to avoid frontpage which doubles disk space with all the style sheets and font tags.

Message 712

Date: 2002-02-14 18:38:33
In-Reply-To: 710

You don't have to use HTML at all, see the HowDoIEdit, TextFormattingRules and StructuredTextRules -pages.

Message 723

Date: 2002-02-16 09:23:31
In-Reply-To: 710

I am the guilty party I assume. I apologize for copying and pasting it from frontpage. Yes I noticed that all the double disk spaces being called question marks and such. I tried to manually delet them, it looks like I didn't get them all.

Zakariya Dehlawi

Message 719

Date: 2002-02-15 05:11:06
In-Reply-To: 712

yes yes i know. But if you do, keep it to a bare min, is all i was saying. (i.e. not design it in frontpage and copy and paste the html code into the box)