Back to Majik 3D MMORPG information archive main page.
forum index

Climate Desc

Message 651

Date: 2002-02-09 23:17:13

Here is a very rough idea of the climate desc for nemen any comments are welcome.All of the Nemen Islands have 4 seasons Birth, Life, Dying, Death. Siratadon to Harukdon are Birth, Vilg to Hejii
are Life, Gwedd to Caek are Dying and Adrush to Mireadien are Death.
\tBirth is when life begins out of death
new plants grow and the world begins anew. This is when temeratures range from 70-85 degrees farienheit.
Winds blow in from the East at 5 mph, bringing with them thick fog. The Nemen Island chain has warm tropical rain every
week and a half during this season. Rivers rarely overflow even with the drenching rain.
\tLife is monsoon season and rivers overflow bringing with them the furtile soil for the next Birth.
Temperatures range from 80-100 degrees farienheit. Winds blow in from the Northeast at 10-15 mph, bringing the monsoon
rains which are also tropical. All of the islands are besiged with rains all of this season. Rivers overflow almost constantly.
\tDying when the winds come up cooling the islands. Temperatures range from 75-80 degrees farienheit.
Winds come in from the North at 5 mph. Rains are scarce now and happen once every 3 weeks. Rivers are no longer flooded and are starting
to recede and are still a bit muddy from the monsoon weather.
\tDeath is when rivers recede and a cold spell is covering the islands. Temperatures range from 70-80 degrees farienheit.
Winds completly stop blowing now and any winds that happen are not strong enough to worth noticing. Rains also stop with the
winds. Rivers are half their orignal size and are free of mud.
\tHurricanes,tsunamis and other natural disasters rarely occur if they do at at. This is because of a coral reefs that exist outside of
Nemen mapping space usally break these up and to an extant Nemen is surronded by a clockwise circulating piece of air deterring most winds and
storms.
\tMost of the Nemen chain has a tropical rainy climate. The areas with this climate include the North eastern island of Loribak, the south western island of Gugon
and the grasslands and jungles of the main Nemen island. The mountains of Gordhalen and Durmien differ slightly from the islands grasslands and jungles. There is almost
no wind at all during the seans execpt for Life in which the winds come from the East at 5 mph.

Message 653

Date: 2002-02-10 00:22:33
In-Reply-To: 651

Sounds good to me. I was thinking the monsoon too, when though the climate on island. The names for seasons may sound bit odd, but I can get used to it :)

And for those who do not know (is there any?)
70F = 21C
80F = 27C
85F = 30C
100F = 38C

Message 678

Date: 2002-02-11 16:47:41

In a tropical climate, it rains almost every day, and since its on the ocean/sea it prolly should rain almost every day (during the wet season which is what we call winter). IT can get over 200 inches of rain a year, but adverages arround 150 inces. (for those non americans 2.54 cm = 1 in).

coral reefs have nothing to do with hurricanes, it would be its locality on the map that makes it imune or prone to them. Hurricanes form from a storm comming from the east over the equator feed by warm water the storm grows and grows and grows. If its far north or far south, or not near a large body of warm water (large as being the size of our alantic ocean) then it would be pretty imune to hurricanes.

Message 661

Date: 2002-02-10 12:31:35

looks good but there are some spelling errors. Reread it and correct them. Also the tense is inconsistant.

Rains are scarce now and happen once every 3 weeks. Rivers are no longer flooded and are starting to recede and are still a bit muddy from the monsoon weather.

should be:

"Rains are scarce in "Dying", occuring only once every three weeks. Rivers no longer flood and start to recede but the soil remains muddy from the rains of the "life" season"

there might be other tense problems so give it a good look over.

what about the effects of the seasons on the mountians and highlands? The differnces only mentions that there is no wind. Is that the only differnce? If so state that it is.

"The only diffence is that there is almost no wind at all during the seasons (corrected spelling..was seans) execpt for "Life" in which the winds come from the East at 5 mph."

Other then that it looks good. If you have editing abilities on the worldbook go ahead and add it to the Nemen region description. If you don't send me or post here your final version and i will do it. You can also request approval if you want and I will approve of the task as being finished.
Oh yeah and good work on the rivers...I didn't think about flooding. :)

Message 654

Date: 2002-02-10 00:39:56
In-Reply-To: 653

I just used those names because my mind went blank they are supposed to represent our seasons but now that i look at it they do sound cheesy

Message 655

Date: 2002-02-10 00:45:19
In-Reply-To: 654

Maybe something like: rise, growth, season, ease..?

Message 656

Date: 2002-02-10 00:49:01
In-Reply-To: 655

I think maby I should just go with what i have down and it can be modified later.

Message 657

Date: 2002-02-10 01:32:02
In-Reply-To: 656

Hmm, maybe you're right. After all it is actually a minor thing.. :)

Message 658

Date: 2002-02-10 01:34:09
In-Reply-To: 657

But the minor things are what put the detail in detail

Message 681

Date: 2002-02-11 19:12:30
In-Reply-To: 661

If there is going to be flooding of rivers, then there needs to be "flood plains" defined, the less flood plain a river has the faster the water flows, and the soil in a flood plain is very fertile and is the perfered place to grow crops, but not build there because your house will get flooded and possibly destoryed.